Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Light of Love


While much has been said about the events of this past week, for me, and maybe for you, there just aren’t any words which can express what I feel; it really is beyond the grasp of words. Nor could I even begin to comprehend the depth of pain one of those parents or any parent at any time, must have with a loss of their child or the sheer terror of what went on in that building, sheer terror at anytime.

The past few days as I thought of this event, two things keep coming to my mind.

The first is, on Thursday evening, I had this overwhelming, cell penetrating, peace-giving-divine thought that all is as it should be. I have chastised myself for allowing this thought to even be associated with the horrific event in Connecticut and yet it continues to resound within my being, all is as it should be.

My second thought is my recall as I lay dying the night of my accident. There is within the scary, frightening clutch of death an indescribable, enveloping presence of relief, peace, calm, and an indefinable love.

Of the interviews I saw with regards to this, the most impactful to me was the interview with a teacher who told her students they are loved. She knew, whatever happened, this was the most important, last thing those children needed to hear, that they are loved.

Love; everything comes down to this powerful, little, four letter over-, under-, misused word; a word and an emotion which expands, ripples, vibrates, heals. Love illuminates. In all that has happened, in all that will happen, all in all, we simply must light our world with love…

No comments:

Post a Comment